GAP Kitchen Culinary Training Program began in 2017. It is open to the young adults at GAP who are preparing to age out of the foster care system. This intense 10-week 40 hour per week certification class includes life skills and financial literacy training in addition to top-level culinary training.
The program is also open to adults coming out of incarceration, or those in addiction recovery or simply struggling to thrive. GAP graduated 19 students last year; 100% of graduates who sought employment are working at several highly-rated local restaurants such as Wildflower, Charro Steak, GRINGO grill+cantina, Senae Thai, and Sir Veza's.
400 hours of rigorous training covering everything from basic knife skills to proficiency culinary techniques.
• Earn national accreditation through Servsafe®
• Learn the “five mother sauces”
• Utilize various kitchen equipment including Combi Oven Technology.
• Southern Arizona’s only culinary school offering food truck service
• Accomplish cooking styles ranging from classic instruction to contemporary cuisine
• Study with Tucson’s highly acclaimed former Tucson Iron Chef champion John Hohn
© 2018 GAP Ministries
All rights reserved.
connect with us